To elevate your team's problem-solving and decision-making performance to entirely new levels (as described in The Potential Impact and The Measurable Benefits), we provide highly visual tools with the following Key Capabilites:
- the best Lean tools for Knowledge Workers (unlike for factory workers)
- the best Knowledge Reuse tools (not just managed knowledge, but actually reused)
- the best Causal Analysis tools (not just root causes, but knowing all impacts)
- the best multi-dimensional Trade-Off Charts (for optimization and understanding)
- the best Collaborative Learning & Decision-Making tools (based on visualization)
- the best tools for Dealing with the Real-World Complexity (today's reality)
- the best Innovation tools, based on visibility to what is limiting your designs
- the only tools designed to help you prove to all that "Success is Assured" before making key decisions, preventing late-process surprises and rework
Better yet, these tools that are each best-in-class are designed to work with and build upon each other, enabling you to to put in place superior processes, such as: Set-Based analysis and decision-making, true concurrent engineering, product cycles that are half the time or less, FMEA that has a major impact by being at the front end of the cycle, and Design for X (DFSS, DFM, DFR, etc) processes.
By establishing those Key Capabilities, you enable superior multi-objective decision-making in your organization: decision-making based on knowledge such that those decisions are correct the first time -- no need for the later reversals (when those decisions are proven wrong) that drives the expensive rework that disrupt our processes causing schedule delays, cost overruns, and extreme inefficiency. How?
As inspired originally by the Wright Brothers and Toyota, but refined tremendously by working with many different companies in many different industries, we have developed the Set-Based Thinking™ methodology (which includes easy-to-use rapid learning & decision-making tools and associated practices) that are:
- Knowledge-Driven... decisions are not based on intuition, but rather based on knowledge that proves "success is assured"
- Visual... the human brain is dominated by visual capability, so communication of knowledge is best done visually
- Learning-First... early identification of what needs to be learned, and early deployment of rapid learning
- Convergent... rather than picking the best point, we focus on eliminating the weak sets by learning which are weak... allowing time to learn the knowledge needed for success to be assured
- Truly Collaborative... all decision-making methodologies will claim they are collaborative, but we argue that they can't truly be unless you are communicating what people know effectively to all the stakeholders... and you can't do that without making your knowledge visual, so that you know what needs to be learned, and you know what sets are weak and should be eliminated, in the context of all the experts' knowledge, in the face of modern complexity
We are happy to demo what our tools and practices can enable your team to do, using our own examples or even using your examples... contact us today.